A number of businesses and services are still open and operating right now, and many Toronto restaurants are offering take-out and delivery options. Here's your guide to what's currently open and operating across the city!
- Loblaws stores are open. The company has additionally lowered grocery delivery fees and waived fees for pickup. Some Loblaws stores are offering early morning hours for immunocompromised shoppers; call your local store for details. Loblaws-owned grocery stores will now be open between 7 am and 8 pm, with shopper numbers limited at some busier stores.
- No Frills stores are open. Online shopping is available and pickup fees are waived. Individual stores are introducing hours for immunocompromised shoppers; call your local store for details.
- Sobeys and stores under its banner, including FreshCo and Farm Boy, have announced they will stay open. Sobeys will offer early-morning shopping hours for elderly and immunocompromised shoppers; call your local store for details.
- Longo's stores are open, with early morning hours for elderly and immunocompromised shoppers.
- Pusateri's stores are open (With the exception of the CF Toronto Eaton Centre location). Between 7 and 8 am, all stores will be limited to elderly shoppers and those with compromised immune systems.
- McEwan stores are remaining open, and will be offering grocery delivery via Inabuggy.
LOCAL AND SPECIALTY FOOD STORES
- Chantecler Boucherie (1318 Queen St W) is still open and selling all kinds of charcuterie and sausages, though they advise you order ahead for pickup or delivery to ensure they have in stock what you are looking for.
- All locations of sustainable seafood shop Hooked are open, with some restrictions in place - 2 customers at a time at their Baldwin location (206 Baldwin St), 3 customers at a time at their Leslieville (888 Queen St E), Danforth (1246 Danforth Ave) and South Kingsway (18 Ripley Ave) locations, as well as reduced hours. Check website for details.
- Cheese Boutique (45 Ripley Ave) is still open, though they strongly suggest that people call ahead to place any orders, and they’re limiting the number of customers in the store to 20 at a time.
- Bare Market (1480 Danforth Ave) has an online shop, with next-day in-person pick-up available (procedures are in place to maintain social distancing).
- Eataly’s (Manulife Centre at 55 Bloor St W) market and counters will remain open for groceries and takeaway dishes, and the downstairs Birroteca is still selling bottles to go. Eataly’s market will also open to early to offer an hour of shopping from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. for elderly and vulnerable customers only.
- Good Cheese’s (614 Gerrard St E) cheese and takeout counter remains open. Bonus: the new “Stay at Home Box” is your quarantine dream, filled with double-cream brie, manchego, chorizo, plum jam, pickles and crackers.
- Sanagan’s Meat Locker (176 Baldwin St. and 1513 Gerrard St E) has shortened its hours of operation and is limiting the number of customers that can be in the store at the same time. They are also currently cashless, so only debit and credit are accepted.
- Dough Bakeshop (173 Danforth Ave) offers small-batch baked goods, and is operating on a reduced schedule (weekdays 8 am to 5 pm).
- Both BlackBird Baking Co. locations are limiting the number of customers to five (Kensington Market, 172 Baldwin St) and 10 (Riverside, 635 Queen St E) at a time.
- Bloomer’s (873 Bloor St W & 715 Queen St W) is hawking their doughnuts and other baked goods to go. They are also going cashless.
- Cote de Boeuf’s (130 Ossington Ave) retail section is still open but going cashless. There will also be a limited number of sandwiches available for takeout each day.
- Famiglia Baldassarre (122 Geary Ave) is still selling their delicioso house-made pastas, sauces and condiments to go, but they’re limiting the number of customers in the store to just two at a time.
- Roselle Desserts’ east (362 King St E) and west (108 Dovercourt Rd) shops are providing people with plenty of sweet ways to eat their feelings, but at reduced hours, for takeout only and only if you’re paying with plastic.
- At Spaccio, Terroni’s brand-new commissary in Corktown (22 Sackville St), customers can still purchase items from the retail section (bread, fresh pasta, sauce, olive oil, tomatoes) as well as prepared meals (ahem, whole trays of lasagna) to go.
LIQUOR, WINE & BEER STORES
- LCBO stores are open Tuesday through Sunday, operating on reduced hours (11 am to 6 pm daily). They will be closed Mondays beginning March 30th.
- Beer Store locations are open. As of Saturday, March 21, the Beer Store will be operating on reduced hours (10 am to 7 pm daily), according to a news release. Additionally, bottle returns will be suspended until March 31.
- Wine Rack stores in grocery stores only, are open from 11 am to 7 pm daily, with certain locations open from 7-8 am to accommodate seniors.
- Shoppers Drug Mart stores are open. Prescription delivery is offered free of charge. Shoppers will reserve the first hour of each day for customers who are elderly or have disabilities. Note that they've announced that they will reduce hours at its stores, effective immediately, "to allow our colleagues time for extra sanitation and a bit of rest," as well as limiting how many people can shop at once in some busier stores. Check online for your local store's revised hours.
- Rexall stores are open until 8pm during the week, and will be offering the first hour of each day for 55+/immunocompromised shoppers, as well as offering its 55+ discount until 10am daily. Note that they've announced that they will reduce hours at its stores, effective immediately, "to allow employees more time to sanitize, restock, rest, and take time for self-care," as well as limiting how many people can shop at once in some busier stores. Check online for your local store's revised hours.
- TTC transit is operating normally.
- Metrolinx is making some cuts to GO Transit and UP Express schedules in light of reduced ridership.
- Emergency services (Toronto Police, Fire Services and Paramedic Services) are operating.
- Garbage, recycling and organics collection are operating.
- Shelters, respites, drop-in centres and long-term care homes are open.
SHOPPING CENTRES & MARKETS
- Yorkdale continues to operate under normal hours, though specific stores have closed or are open under modified hours. The mall has an updated list of retailers with modified hours on its website. Enhanced cleaning measures, additional hand sanitizers and emergency preparedness plans have been put into place.
- Eaton Centre and Sherway Gardens are open. Mall operator Cadillac Fairview is limiting shopping hours to 11 am - 7 pm for two weeks, effective March 16, according to a statement. Events such as yoga, seminars and community activations have been cancelled and the malls have introduced enhanced cleaning protocols.
- The St. Lawrence Market is remaining open but is postponing a pilot project to extend operating hours to Sundays. "A change in hours will be deferred to a later date and launch events will be rescheduled," market operators said in a statement. In the meantime, it will open during regular hours with additional cleaning protocols and hand sanitizer dispensers placed in public areas.
Source: General Assembly
Many establishments are offering takeout or delivery to feed house-bound Torontonians and bring in much-needed revenue during what could be a devastating period for the industry. If you don’t feel like plundering your pantry supplies just yet, these Toronto spots have added new delivery and takeout options, albeit with restrictions in place to ensure social distancing. We've noted their general location, so you can quickly see if they are located near you.
For more options in your area, check your favourite restaurant's website, see what's available near you on Doordash, UberEats, or Foodora, or check out the interactive map at the bottom of this post.
Aloette (Downtown) - Takeout (Ritual) and delivery (Doordash).
Aviary Brewpub (East Toronto) - Offering cold cans of Longslice beer and hot food to go.
Bacan (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-535-2222) and delivery (UberEats, SkipTheDishes).
Barque Smokehouse (West Toronto) - Delivery via UberEats and Doordash.
BarHop Bar (Downtown) - Takeout (call 647-348-1137)
Blondie’s Pizza (East Toronto) - Slices and pies to go (437-341-1555)
Blood Brothers (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 647-628-6062).
Borrel (East Toronto) - Dutch-inspired cafe, Takeout
Calii Love (Downtown & Uptown) - Takeout and delivery (Ritual, UberEats) 416-977-2181.
DaanGo Cafe (East Toronto) - Takeout (call 647-245-2112).
Descendant Detroit Style Pizza (East & West Toronto) - Now offering curbside takeout service in addition to delivery (UberEats).
Double D's Pizza (West Toronto) - Free curbside delivery for local order (call 416-901-1433)
Eastbound Brewing Co. (East Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-901-1299)
Elm St. Deli (Downtown) - Delivery and takeout options TBA.
Favorites (West Toronto) - Takeout (Ritual), delivery TBA.
Fourth Man In The Fire Pizzeria (West Toronto) - Takeout with curbside pickup and delivery (UberEats)
General Assembly (Downtown) - Delivery of "pizza kits" (UberEats, Foodora)
Good Hombres (West Toronto) - Takeout and delivery
Hotel Delilah (East Toronto) - Delivery and takeout options TBA.
Imanishi Japanese Kitchen (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-706-4225).
Indie Ale House (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-760-9691).
KA SPACE Cafe (East Toronto) - Vegan & vegetarian brunch. 20% discount on all take-out orders (call or text 647-373-9600 or order in-person). Orders ready for pickup within 15 minutes. Tuesday to Sunday 10am to 3pm.
Lady Marmalade (East Toronto) - Takeout (call 647-351-7645).
Maha’s Fine Egyptian Cuisine (East Toronto) - Call ahead to place your order between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., daily, for takeout only. (416-462-2703)
Maker Pizza (West Toronto) - Delivery (Fododora, UberEats or call 416-782-2000), takeout (by phone). Now offering curbside pickup service and no-contact delivery.
Northern Maverick Brewing (West Toronto) - Takeout, delivery (UberEats) or call 416-540-4030.
Oretta (Downtown) - Delivery (Foodora, UberEats) 416-944-1932
Original's Dining Lounge (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-532-2908)
Pizzeria Libretto and Enoteca Sociale (Multiple locations) - Get pizza and pasta delivered to your doorstep via Foodora or UberEats.
Porchetta & Co. (West Toronto & Downtown) - Pickup and delivery. (call 647-351-8844 for west location; no phone for downtown location)
Riverdale Perk Cafe (East Toronto) - Takeout and curbside available (call 416-462-3538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Open 8 am to 4 pm daily.
R&D (West Toronto) - 20% discount on all takeout orders (call 416-586-1241)
Ronin Izakaya (Downtown) - 20% discount on takeout (416-977-8808), delivery (UberEats)
Salad King (Downtown) - Open 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., daily, for takeout orders (call 416-593-0333) or delivery via Foodora
Shozan Room (West Toronto) - Takeout (Ritual or call 647-478-6164)
Sotto Sotto (Uptown) - Contact-free delivery and takeout (call 416-962-0011)
South Indian Dosa Mahal (West Toronto) - Takeout, delivery (UberEats)
Sud Forno (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-504-7667), delivery (UberEats)
Tabule (East Toronto and Uptown) - Takeout and delivery orders, with the exception of their Bayview Village location
Tacos El Asador (West Toronto) - Takeout (call 416-538-9747) or delivery (UberEats or DoorDash)
Timothy's Pub (West Toronto) - Takeout and delivery (call 416-201-9515). Open 12 pm to 8 pm daily.
Tinuno (East Toronto) - Takeout and delivery (call 647-343-9294).
Bandit Brewery (West Toronto) - Local deliveries (Postal Codes M5-M8) with free deliveries on orders of $50+, or a $10 flat rate for smaller orders.
Bellwoods Brewery (West Toronto) - Retail shops open (check website for hours). Delivery via online shop and Foodora.
Blood Brothers (West Toronto) - Plus delivery through Foodora and Boozer
Burdock Brewery (West Toronto) - Free shipping or free downtown delivery on full cases.
Collective Arts Brewing Co. - Doorstep beer delivery - shop online. Orders are a 24 can minimum and someone 19+ must be home with an ID to receive.
Eastbound Brewing Co. (East Toronto) - Delivery via online store
Great Lakes Brewery (West Toronto) - Online orders in the works
Godspeed Brewery (East Toronto) - Order via online store. Free local delivery for orders of $50 or more, for postal codes starting with M4, M5, or M6.
Junction Craft Brewery (West Toronto) - Free local delivery on 12 or more cans, or free province-wide delivery on orders over $75.
Keep 6 Imports - Order via online store
Muddy York Brewing Co. (East Toronto) - Free delivery for orders over $100
Left Field Brewery (East Toronto) - Free delivery for orders over $50 for anyone in the M4, M5, M6 or M8 postal code areas
Rainhard Brewing Co. (West Toronto) - Delivery $5; 12-unit minimum
Reid’s Distillery (East Toronto) - Signature gins, citrus gins and spiced gins are all available for delivery via Foodora or, for Leslieville residents, by contacting the distillery directly. (And, like other local distilleries, they’re also producing hand sanitizer.)
Shackland Brewing Co. (West Toronto) - No-contact pickup if you pre-order online or call 416-763-2424